Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Birthing classes

Last week, we began our childbirth classes at The Birth Center. It's been interesting so far, and I'm alternating between looking forward to the labor/delivery process and trembling in fear. I take refuge in the fact that people (including many of you!) do it every. day. and if they/you can do it, then I can too. Right?

We're planning on a natural childbirth, without pain meds or medical interference at all, ideally, so there's that too.

As a part of the childbirth classes, there was also a breastfeeding class which was very informative and useful. I'm feeling more prepared as we get closer to Delivery Day, but I also can't help feeling nervous! Luckily, we've got some relaxation techniques we've been working on, and whenever I feel tense about it, I try to take some deep breaths. It's helping so far.

No comments: