Friday, November 21, 2008

my what is where?

As my belly gets bigger, I'm wondering how everything fits in there. At first, I was sure that my uterus was in front of all the other stuff, but as I get more weird sensations (and kicks) in different parts of my body, I'm not so sure.

Google to the rescue!

It took a little bit, but I finally found an image of a pregnant person's internal organs at 28 weeks (I'm almost 27 weeks):


WTF?

My small intestines are pushing into my ribs! My bladder is constantly being flattened (it's the unlabeled triangle shaped one at the bottom)! My stomach is displacing my poor lungs -- no wonder I'm out of breath after one flight of stairs.

I don't know how many of you took an anatomy class, but I am completely surprised by this knowledge. Grosser, the large intestine is apparently pushed to the SIDE.

That's so weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That kind of grossed me out. Is your stomach almost at your neck? That freaks me out!!!!

pixelville said...

Yeah. I was pretty impressed that your stomach is currently right behind your boobs. Do they look bigger after you eat?